Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas 2016 - Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Good Luck in the coming year. 

However you choose to celebrate the ending of another year, may you enjoy it with family and loved ones. Every year, I like to surround myself with my favourite Christmas collectibles, and a few humans too. Most of my collectibles are whimsical, and celebrate the craftiness of the artists who made them.  Hope you enjoy the images!


Santas
Christmas - Yoga Santa, and his Four Retro Santa Buddies, by DG Hudson


****
A Christmas Village

Three of thirteen buildings and a carousel are shown, but the town includes a Hot Rod Car Garage, A retro Diner Car, several houses, an old style library, a large barn, an Antique shop, and a Christmas Shop (see below). A small nativity in N scale (model railway size) is in front of the Cathedral on the left.

Christmas Village, handpainted, and photo'd by DG Hudson


***

Angels on a Wreath
Wreath created by DG, ornaments by other crafters


Wreath  by DG Hudson, Collectibles crafted by others, image by DGH

***

The Christmas Shop in the Village
Handpainted 


Christmas Shop in Christmas Village, painted by DG Hudson,

***
Have you got any special ornaments or other decorations that you like to display at Christmas and through the holidays? Tell me if you collect anything in particular or do you like to keep the decorations to a minimum?

Please leave a comment to let me know you were here and I'll respond! Thanks for dropping by throughout the year to read my posts. I appreciate the gift of your time. Let's hope the new year, 2017, is brighter and better for all of us.

***