Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas 2016 - Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Good Luck in the coming year. 

However you choose to celebrate the ending of another year, may you enjoy it with family and loved ones. Every year, I like to surround myself with my favourite Christmas collectibles, and a few humans too. Most of my collectibles are whimsical, and celebrate the craftiness of the artists who made them.  Hope you enjoy the images!


Santas
Christmas - Yoga Santa, and his Four Retro Santa Buddies, by DG Hudson


****
A Christmas Village

Three of thirteen buildings and a carousel are shown, but the town includes a Hot Rod Car Garage, A retro Diner Car, several houses, an old style library, a large barn, an Antique shop, and a Christmas Shop (see below). A small nativity in N scale (model railway size) is in front of the Cathedral on the left.

Christmas Village, handpainted, and photo'd by DG Hudson


***

Angels on a Wreath
Wreath created by DG, ornaments by other crafters


Wreath  by DG Hudson, Collectibles crafted by others, image by DGH

***

The Christmas Shop in the Village
Handpainted 


Christmas Shop in Christmas Village, painted by DG Hudson,

***
Have you got any special ornaments or other decorations that you like to display at Christmas and through the holidays? Tell me if you collect anything in particular or do you like to keep the decorations to a minimum?

Please leave a comment to let me know you were here and I'll respond! Thanks for dropping by throughout the year to read my posts. I appreciate the gift of your time. Let's hope the new year, 2017, is brighter and better for all of us.

***

6 comments:

  1. Love those whimsical images. Whimsy and quirkiness are good friends of mine.
    I hope the season and the years to come are very king to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC, for taking the time to drop by! The kind words are also appreciated. Wishing you the best in 2017! I like whimsy - it makes me smile.

      Delete
  2. Great collection! I have a lot of ornaments that I've had since childhood, and you've seen all the crafts and stitching I've done for decorations too. They are so pretty, but I'm looking forward to putting my house back together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have seen many of your stitching crafts (which I admire)! And like you, I like to clean it all up after a month of enjoying them. Of course I like to have it done by the first week of the new year. . .

      Delete
  3. These are great! I'm a minimal decorator, so other than the stuff my husband puts out, I wouldn't say I have anything special. The outside of our house is very much decorated, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The less you display, the less to put away. I haven't used a tree in the last couple of years so a wreath and the Christmas collectibles keep it looking festive. We always used to decorate outside as well, but that is a LOT of work. Most people decorate either on Halloween or Christmas, whichever is their favorite. Whatever suits the person.

      Delete

Comments will be reviewed before they show on the blog.